This is a quick and easy meal that can be shared amongst your family for a tasty fuss free dinner!
Tomato & Chilli Meatballs
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 357 kcal
- 350 g plum tomatoes tinned variety
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbso parsley
- 2 spring onions diced, green part only for low FODMAP
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter I used pure sunflower dairy free butter
- 1 splash of almond milk ~60ml, can substitute for other low FODMAP milks if tolerated
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 chilli optional, deseeded and finely chopped
- 130 g mixed peppers sliced
- 2-3 carrots approx 200g, diced
- 1 courgette approx 200g, diced
- 1 tsp asafoetida powder
- 30 ml cold water
- 1 tbsp Knorr concentrated liquid stock beef Check ingredients if still safe under UK NHS low FODMAP guidelines
- 16 beef meatballs I get mine from the butchers ensure there is no wheat, gluten, onion, garlic just plain meat, rice flour and seasoning will be perfect.
- 20 g dairy free cheese I used violife, the pizza variation melts best
- 400 g gluten free spaghetti avoid products with high FODMAP ingredients
Fry 3/4 of spring onion greens in the butter for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, sugar, seasoning, chilli, mixed peppers, carrots, courgette, asafoetida powder, water and stock. Cook for 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
Then add the milk and meatballs and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile put a large pan of water on to boil.
Whilst cooking the meatballs and sauce for a further 10 minutes, cook the pasta.
Check the pasta is cooked and drain.
Thicken the meatball sauce if needed by adding (1 tsp cornflour with 1 tbsp. cold water) and grate in the cheese. Stir through.
Top with the remaining spring onion greens.
Serve 100g of spaghetti with 1/4 of the meatball sauce and 4 meatballs.