I am always trialing new recipes and on first attempt this was a hit with both James and I. Gluten free Gnocci makes a nice change for a main meal, it has a soft texture almost resembling pasta and mash, but has a crisp exterior.
I used a salsa sauce to give this italian dish a mexican twist.
Salsa Chicken Gnocci
- 2 carrots diced
- 200g brocolli broken into florets
- 100g fine green beans halved
- 100g salsa (low FODMAP)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes drained of the juice
- 1 pack (8-10 sausages) Chicken Sausages I used HECK, which does contain mozarella so is suitable on low FODMAP but not for milk allergy sufferers.
- 1 tbsp Fajita or Cajun Spice
- 1 pack (500g) gluten free gnocci I source mine from Tesco
- Garlic frylight
Heat the grill to medium and grill the chicken sausages as per instructions for around 14 minutes, turning regularly to brown all the sides.
Meanwhile in a large frying pan, spritz the garlic frylight and fry the spices, carrots, brocolli and beans for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
Add the chopped tomatoes and salsa and gently simmer for a further 4 minutes.
Dice the now cooked sausage and add to the frying pan, allow to simmer gently whilst the gnocci cooks.
Meanwhile in a large saucepan boil the gnocci, the gnocci is ready when it floats. Once cooked drain the water and add the gnocci to the frying pan.
Stir the gnocci through the sauce and serve.