I love this recipe as it is so easy with minimal prep work.
There is very little preparation needed you simply chop and slice the ingredients per recipe and then bake it in the oven. This would be a great recipe for students as it is relatively cheap and you could share it with your housemates.
If you wanted to make this vegan or vegetarian omit the sausages and switch in veggie sausages or simply have a mustard and maple vegetable bake.
For this recipe, it is best to use very pure good quality 96%+ pork sausages or for a lower fat option chicken sausages.
Maple and Mustard Sausage Tray Bake
- 1 pack of gluten free sausages check it is low fodmap and dairy free
- 3 large potatoes cut into wedges 122g per serve
- 3 carrots sliced or cut chunky (60g per serve)
- Garlic infused FryLight spray
- 1/2 red onion omit if following the fodmap diet
- 130 g mixed peppers sliced
- 1 courgette sliced 66g per serve
- 1/2 butternut squash small cubes 30g per serve
- Dried mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan. In a large roasting tin mix everything except the peppers and onion (if using), sprinkle with the herbs, dollop the wholegrain mustard, season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and turn over the vegetables.
Add the onion and peppers to the pan, roast for a further 15-20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and turn over the vegetables, drizzle with the maple syrup and roast for a further 5 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Serve hot with a side of green vegetables (spinach, green beans or curly kale pair well).
If following the low FODMAP diet look out for hidden garlic and onion in the sausage ingredients!