Spring Vegetable OmeletteOmelettes are great they make a satisfying light, quick and cheap meal any time of the day. You can make them however you want, I am always trying new combinations! Today I will share with you my spring vegetable omelette I had yesterday for lunch. If you are vegetarian omit the bacon for a veggie omelette.
Spring Vegetable Omelette
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. dairy free milk
- 1 spring onion (green part only if FODMAP)
- 30g handful of spinach
- 30g red pepper
- 1 handful of bacon pieces/leftover cooked chicken/turkey*
- * Omit if vegetarian
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- In a jug mix whisk the eggs and milk together and season.
- Pour the egg mix into the frying pan and sprinkle on the other ingredients.
- Once the egg begins to set around the edge roughly 4-5 minutes remove from the hob and grill on high for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on the omelette and check every 1 minutes as time varies.
- The omelette is ready when it is slightly browned, the bacon is cooked and the egg has completely set.
- Carefully remove the omelette and serve.
Nutrition facts: Per Omelette using bacon
- Calories: 297 calories of which 174 from fat
- Dietary fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 22.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 490mg
- High in phosphorus, riboflavin, selenium, vitamin A, B12 and C.
- Note: If using chicken the calories are reduced to 258 of which 139 from fat and 266mg sodium. If adapting the recipe to be vegetarian the calories are reduced to 243 of which 137 from fat, protein to 18.5g and sodium to 259mg.
Eat Yourself Fit http://eat-yourself-fit.co.uk/