Orange & Blueberry Pancakes
Pancake day is just around the corner, why not treat yourself to a healthier alternative to the standard pancake recipe. Did I mention this one is also vegan friendly, gluten free, dairy free and low FODMAP so it will keep your tummy happy too with minimal bloat! And under 100 calories for two pancakes (one serving) what more could you want…This recipe is taken from my festive favourites ebook. Originally inspired by the Christmas tradition of receiving an orange in your stocking. My original recipe used orange pieces and cranberries, as both fruits I associate with Christmas. Sharing a pancake stack is such a fantastic treat for your loved ones hence I always do it at Christmas or on special occasions, but there’s nothing stopping enjoying these regular as a healthy balanced breakfast. Due to the FODMAP content of cranberries, I had to amend my original recipe from my first book to be suitable for me on a low FODMAP diet, so I replaced the cranberries with blueberries. If you like this recipe please consider purchasing my ebooks here, which have many more tasty recipes. I hope you enjoy these pancakes! Happy Pancake Day!
Orange and Blueberry Pancakes
Write a review
- 25g buckwheat flour
- 35g gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125ml dairy free milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- fry light spray
- 1 orange segmented (bitesize chunks)
- 35g blueberries
- Spray a non-stick frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Sieve the flours into a medium size bowl. Add the baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl mix the milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix until combined. Stir through the orange segments and blueberries.
- Using a ladle pour one scoop into the frying pan.
- Cook until the surface has bubbled and the edges look cooked. Carefully flip over and cook for a further minute or until both sides are nicely browned.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until you run out of batter.
- Serve stacked, add more maple syrup if desired. Best shared with 2 to 3 friends. I decorated mine with frozen raspberry pieces, but you can use any low FODMAP ingredients to decorate, or leave simply plain.
- Per serving (2 pancakes)
- Calories: 90 calories of which 6 from fat
- Dietary fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 19.4g
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 12mg
- No cholesterol, low sodium and fat.
Eat Yourself Fit http://eat-yourself-fit.co.uk/