Chocolate & Raspberry GranolaWho doesn’t enjoy a little indulgence for breakfast and what is better than having a healthy nutritional chocolate breakfast. Yes you read right chocolate and healthy in the same sentence! You must think I’m crazy, but this FODMAP friendly chocolate and raspberry granola is heavenly and the best part you can enjoy it as part of a healthy lifestyle. This recipe can be found in Daily Healing – Eat Yourself Fit ebook which can be purchased here. I am feeling exceptionally lovely today so I will share it with you all for free please see below for the recipe. This recipe is best prepared on the weekend so you have a quick, grab and go healthy breakfast for the week!
Chocolate & Raspberry Granola
Write a review
- 170g gluten free oats
- 75g pecans
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 1 punnet of raspberries (frozen or freeze on purchase)
- 3 tbsp. maple or golden syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil/sunflower oil (measured as a liquid)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 35g cocoa powder (dairy, sugar and gluten free brand)
- 40g dark chocolate chips (dairy, sugar and gluten free brand)
- Freeze punnet of raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan assisted.
- In a large bowl mix oats, nuts, seeds, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the syrup, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid into the oats and mix well.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer onto a prepared baking tray (greaseproof paper or tin foil lined with a spritz of sunflower or coconut oil).
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes then leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once the granola is cool, stir in the chocolate chips. Then store in an airtight jar.
- When you serve the granola add 15g of the frozen raspberries.
- You can store the mix for 1 week.
- Nutrition Facts: Per Serving (30g)
- Calories: 90 calories of which 50 from fat
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.0g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 28mg
- No Cholesterol. Low in Sodium. High in dietary fiber. Very high in manganese.
Eat Yourself Fit http://eat-yourself-fit.co.uk/